View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 01:44 AM   #69
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default NO PLOT SPOILERS

The Last Jedi felt like it was trying to be Guardians of the Galaxy with the never-ending quips and attempts at humor, but ended up being a lot more like Batman v Superman with shitty pacing and a tone that's all over the place. It's slightly more original than The Force Awakens, but all of the original parts are terrible, while still managing to crib several iconic scenes from ESB and ROTJ... Although the biggest sin is that several plot lines go absolutely nowhere and some major characters are completely wasted.

Glad I got free tickets, I don't think I'm ever going to pay to watch another Star Wars movie again -- I just don't like this franchise, especially with the direction Disney has taken it... Hell, I wonder if this series would still be around if the Empire Strikes Back had just been a mediocre movie instead of a great one -- everything after the first act of Return of the Jedi has been somewhere between middling and godawful. This movie was prequel-bad, maybe even a franchise-killer as far as anyone who grew up on SW is concerned (if TFA didn't already kill your fandom).

Rotten Tomatoes: 93% Critic Score, 56% Audience Score... Proof that the movie industry is influenced by paid shills.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-16-2017 at 02:05 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote