View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 09:40 AM   #70
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I think Rottentomatoes is in big trouble after this movie. Already articles popping up about the divide between the paid critics and the audience.

SPOILER ALERT

The hook is just awful. It starts off with two of the worst actors in a big budget production I've ever seen clearly standing in front of a green screen. I almost thought it was a fan film a first and the real movie hadn't started. Did Disney like cut the budget or something because the effects were borderline terrible multiple times.

Look, Star Wars is a kids movie. I get it. That was made blatantly obvious at the end with the "we don't approve of horse racing" slave kid wanting to become a rebel. But that doesn't excuse a terrible, terrible film. Why you'd even have a subplot that is anti-horse racing is downright shocking.

Funny that Star Wars is becoming a prisoner of it's own fable of light and dark. We all hated Jar Jar so much and yet TLJ had like 20 Jar Jar moments/characters in it. In fact, I felt like this movie was STRONGLY influenced by the prequels to a huge detriment.

I really don't care who owns the franchise, but I do care that Star Wars no longer feels special. When you break almost every rule you've set in the franchise, then nothing has any meaning anymore.

And I saw it at the Drafthouse with the biggest movie buffs. Barely a clap at the end spoke volumes.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote