View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default Trying to understand...

Okay, so I heard something on Friday talk radio, which was pretty funny...at least from my perspective.

Before I describe the event...I must explain why, in order to be politically correct and not labeled a racist...although these days, the label has lost it's negativity as it appears that EVERYONE is a racist...but that's another topic for another thread.

This particular piece utilized language from the left targeted at Obama...

The title was from an African-American columnist.

The piece was done in the voice of Al Sharpton and done to Liberal musical icon "Puff the Magic Dragon"

Once I understood the background of the piece, I was able to laugh...without the background, I would have reacted and believed the satire to be racist...but again, now that I understand this was all done from the left...I believe I am now allowed to laugh.

Unfortunatly I don't have a link...but the items I listed come from the Rush Limbaugh show...whom by the way has recently been endorsed by none other than Steven A Smith, as he support Rush' bid to buy the Rams and calls all players who claim that they wont play for Rush LIARS!!! That was pretty funny...now back to the bit...

Rush played a song that again used the words of liberals speaking out against Obama and then used the title that this African-American columnist used in LA about Obama...the title is "Obama the Magic Negro"

Again, at first I had to take a deep breath...but then I realized the humor was coming from the left...so I suppose this makes it okay...

Please help me understand...oh and the premise of the Obama Stab, and I paraphrase....is that Obama is not black enough...

If anyone has some links to all of this...please post so I and we can piece it all together.

If this is wrong and in poor taste, does that mean that the liberals who did this are wrong?

I'm just trying to understand.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote