View Single Post
Old 02-28-2006, 04:13 PM   #48
dirt_dobber
Diamond Member

dirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond reputedirt_dobber has a reputation beyond repute

Report: Stoudemire cleared for five-on-five play

ESPN.com news services
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2347772

Amare Stoudemire's knee continues to improve.

The Phoenix Suns forward has been cleared for five-on-five practice, The Arizona Republic reported in Tuesday's editions.

"I felt really good with the one-on-ones, and it's not going to change anything if I skip some steps, so I might as well get in five-on-five practices," Stoudemire told the newspaper. "My main thing is to make sure I'm healthy. Personally, I feel pretty good. I'm not choosing this on behalf of anyone else's injury."

Stoudemire underwent microfracture surgery Oct. 11 after knee soreness that surfaced during the offseason worsened during the first week of training camp.

The best-case scenario has him returning in March, something he said might be possible.

"That sounds close if everything keeps progressing," Stoudemire told the Republic.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote