View Single Post
Old 11-22-2003, 12:04 AM   #41
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: MAVS/RAPTORS TRADE SAID TO GO DOWN...

Everyone has pretty much covered all the points of why this trade will or will not happen but I'll chime in anyway.

It would be the first time the Mavs completed a trade where the talent in return doesn't match but I can see why they would make it.

The Mavs would have Bradley, Fortson, and Davis playing center. Not the most feared combination but it would be solid enough to keep Dirk at the pf position. It would also allow Najera to be his primary backup.

Davis is declining, but in limited minutes, I think he could be effective.

The Mavs are without a doubt confident that Walker can be our starting sf the next few years.

Delk would be shipped because they'll take their chances with Best backing Nash. Especially since we can have others bring the ball up adequately or make passes. Plus, it allows Howard to get minutes behind Finley.