View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 11:29 PM   #357
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux View Post
92Dad, i can honestly say you are the LAST person i would ever have expected to utter the words "Viva La France". You seem like the kind that would only eat Freedom Fries.

Goal refs are a great idea. Limit their calls only to things that happen in the box, for those purists that don't want things to be changed too much.
Goal refs are not a good idea at all IMO. Most of the game they will just stand around doing nothing. Difficult situations in the box only come up once in a while. More importantly the goal refs can do nothing about the most annoying part of soccer reffing: offsides. Right now it´s just a lottery whether the refs get those calls right. What they should do IMO is implement video replay with two challanges per coach per half. And they should just get rid of the offsides rule. That´s what field hockey did after they realised the game became too fast to call it consistently. Getting rid of offsides has worked great in field hockey. Made the game faster and more attractive, took away all the blown calls.

The reffing in soccer is so bad right now, it allowed for American Football to become my Nr 1 sport. And I´ve been a soccer fan for 25 years, and I´m from Germany (I´m still a soccer fan, but the bad reffing has made it allmost unwatchable for me, just like the NBA).

Last edited by Fidel; 11-19-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote