Thread: Andre Iguodala
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future
Default Andre Iguodala

I have been dreaming of him on the Mavs ever since it was rumored he might be attainable for quality expiring players.

The latest Espn article reminded me of Iggy, and how much I would love him here
Quote:
Why they think they're close: I mentioned L.A. beat Dallas by 35; what I left out was the Mavs beat the snot out of L.A. in Staples the first time the two teams met this season. Dallas has more size and athleticism this season with Shawn Marion and Drew Gooden, and its biggest defensive weaknesses (versus quick guards and running centers) are largely irrelevant against the Lakers. Moreover, the Mavs are second in the West as of Tuesday, meaning they have the inside track on drawing L.A. in a best-of-seven for the conference crown.

What they need to add: One more star. For the Mavs, it's less relevant what position a new acquisition plays, although obviously they're fairly well-stocked at power forward. But if the Mavs upgrade the starting spots of Erick Dampier, Josh Howard or J.J. Barea with an All-Star-caliber player, they would be a force to be reckoned with out West.

How could they pull off such a feat? More easily than you think, given the contracts they have and management's willingness to pay the luxury tax. Dampier's contract for next season isn't guaranteed, which basically makes him a $12.1 million expiring deal. Howard's contract, worth $10.9 million, also has just one season left. Thus, Dallas has the wherewithal to offer massive salary relief for a team looking to unload a star.

I mentioned Iguodala before and find the prospect of him as the Mavs' second banana tantalizing. Imagine him running the break for alley-oops with Jason Kidd, playing off Dirk Nowitzki in the halfcourt and checking the top opposing wing player. It's an enormous contract to swallow, and it might require eating Samuel Dalembert's deal as well, but the Mavs are one of the few teams that could do it. Other star players (Richard Hamilton, Bosh,Carlos Boozer, Jamison, Butler) also could be had with Dallas' expiring deals, making the Mavs potentially a major player come February.

Iggy is basically everything I think this team lacks at the SG. Size, athleticism, jumpshooting, defense. hes clutch and a bonafide second offensive option for a championship team. Hes got the ability to go off for 30 by himself, which is something every other real contending team has at their second option.

I believe he is actually available. I just hope we could put together a good enough offer and that Cuban is willing to spend the money.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote