Thread: Andre Iguodala
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #207
ReDirkulous Tyme

ReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to beholdReDirkulous Tyme is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
^He summed up my view pretty well. Martin has some risks, but I really don't love Iggy's offensive game at all. And yes, he'd get some better looks playing with Kidd, but he has some decent scoring options around him at Philly. I don't know...

It just seems like to me that we have defensive minded players, but not enough offensive minded players. Maybe the reason we aren't playing good defense recently is because we have to be playing our scorers at all times, rather than our defenders. Martin could help with that some...instead of having Dirk and two decent scorers and two "defensive players", you could have Dirk and KMart and then Damp/Marion/Kidd or some variation of that.

And with saying that, it becomes sadly obvious, again, that we have no two way players. That's why Butler and Iggy are appealing...finally two way players! However, I'm still doubting Iggy's offensive skills (specifically his 30% shooting on threes while shooting 4 a game, further weakening a weakness in 3pt shooting) and whether Butler is available. KMart, though, provides a scoring punch, provides a weak side shooter, and I really think he can alleviate just enough of that pressure and not only score, but allow JET to get better looks, and Roddy, and on down the scoring line.
I've actually been on these boards, just observing and reading for about 2 years now, i just finally created this account in December, I just find some of the posts so idiotic that its not really worth responding to...but I've actually found that on this topic, we are pretty much in agreement.

However, as far as Iggy goes, I'm willing to be that his 3pt% will go up fairly significantly and this is why. Iggy has to do most of his shot creating, and that includes 3 point shots. From the games I've seen him play, at least half, if not more of his 3 pointers are pull up 3 pointers, not 3's caught in rhythm with your feet set and square. In Dallas, he could get that, and I think his percentage will go up around 5-6% possibly. Its the same with his FG%, if he gets easier shots (which he will with Dirk, Jet, and Kidd to alleviate the pressure) then his percentage will go up, its logic. He's got good form. It could use some tweaking but I see no reason why he can't vastly improve his shooting percentage.

To be honest, I think that both Martin and Iggy would prolly average within 2-3 points of each other if they played here but heres the difference. On nights when Dirk is off or can't shoulder the load, Martin is capable, easily of going off for 30-40 on any given night. I don't think Iggy is capable of that. Ellis is like Martin, only better. I put Butler sort of in the Iggy category, but not as good. I would much rather have Iggy than Butler any day of the week. But as far as average production goes, I would expect Martin or Iggy to average 18-20 a game, or thereabouts.

Difference is, Martin is a gifted, talented, true scorer. Iggy, on the other hand, is pure physical athleticism mixed with a good amount of talent and skill. I'll take the pure scorer for this team right now.
ReDirkulous Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote