View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 09:39 AM   #663
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't oppose defense, what I oppose is having no objectivity, Barcelona holds the ball for 75% of the game and does nothing with it until Messi touches it. Like I mentioned earlier, with the so called 7 defenders Madrid generated more offense than Barça.

Barça had something like 200 passes in the first 30 minutes of the game, to Madrid's 70-ish. Why? They pass the ball back and forth without any of the creativity that they are so adored for. Spending 5 minutes passing the ball from midfield to your defense is not good soccer in my book.

The most ironic thing was Cruyff saying that Mourinho doesn't care about the aesthetics of the game, that all he cares about is winning titles, and don't care about making it look good (in his eyes). Yet, when Barça was losing, guess what Barça did? They started lobbing the ball to the attack, crossing the ball early, no more passing the ball back for 5 minutes at a time. How interesting that when it matters they don't play "Barça ball ."

Last edited by bernardos70; 04-21-2011 at 10:09 AM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote