Thread: Luol Deng?
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 12:00 AM   #39
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that Deng is the best free agent SF available this coming summer (I think he's just a better all-around player than Melo) but I'm a little worried about his mileage. Thibs rides him pretty hard, and the Bulls organization doesn't seem like they've taken very good care of him as a player. I'd be thrilled to get him for something like 4yrs/$50M, but I'd balk a little at $60M and above. I don't like the idea of giving a guy that can't really carry your offense a max or near-max deal. And honestly, I hope the next guy that we give $10M+ to is either an elite defensive center or a legit 1st scoring option that can take the reins if/when Dirk ever retires.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote