Thread: Rondo?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to add Rondo, but among potential suitors we really have just about the least to offer to Boston, since we can't really trade a future first-rounder right now. And as UD mentioned, it would mean we'd have to overhaul the entire roster outside of Dirk again. I think it'd be worth it, obviously, but that's much easier said than done. I have a hard time finding a landing spot for Calderon (who we'd almost certainly have to move) and I tend to doubt the Celtics would be very interested in Ellis as our main trading piece... And we'd have to trade him at some point to make the roster work.

If the Celtics came to us tomorrow with any trade offer that didn't involve us trading Dirk, I'd jump all over it. The only problem is, it's hard to fathom a trade that suits Boston, here.

Side note: I would LOVE our future prospects if we could somehow land Rondo and Greg Monroe by this summer.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote