Thread: Greg Monroe
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2014, 06:33 PM   #28
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...s-celtics-suns

1st round pick for Greg Monroe and his $5.5 million salary? He could be the first guy off the bench behind Dirk and get starter minutes. I don't know much about him other than his numbers which are 15 pts / 9 reb in ~30 mpg. We could use some size for sure.
Detroit is at the cap, so we'd need to trade them 5.5mill in salary. The only guy that immediately pops out at me at that salary range is Wright, who is one of our only good bigs off the bench.

Also, doesn't he become an UFA after this year of QO? We'll also have to pay BIG for Ellis and Chandler (as well as re-sign Aminu, Barea, and Wright). I'm not sure that we'll also want to pay Monroe what he wants (10-13/year) for a backup. or how we'll be effective with both, unless Chandler will take a huge pay cut.

I have no doubt he'll be happy with us this year. I just doubt he'll be happy and satisfied if we ask him to split money with Chandler and I also don't want us to let Chandler walk away again. If we trade for him, we're most likely stuck with him until he becomes an UFA, he can walk for nothing.

Also, his rebounding rate has not picked up since last year when I was concerned. His advanced rebounding metrics are in the bottom 5-6 of starting centers and below some backups (and barely better than Wright, who we all complain about now)

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 12-15-2014 at 06:44 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote