Thread: Rondo?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 04:41 AM   #61
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbard View Post
Didn't they used to call Jason Kidd "ason" because he had no "J". That addition worked out pretty well.
There is absolutely no reason to believe that Rondo will transform into a dead eye 3 point shooter the way Kidd did in the twilight of his career.

The risks with Rondo are well-documented. He hurts our spacing and might not mesh well with Ellis because he can't play off the ball. Still, if we're not giving up any of our top 4 guys, then I say do the deal. Our spacing is already pretty lousy as it is, so I don't see it getting much worse. More importantly, perimeter defense is easily our biggest weakness, and Rondo fixes that instantly. Not to mention his rebounding, which has always been amazing for a PG, and that's the Mavs' second biggest weakness.

I think we stand to gain considerably more than we stand to lose here. It might be a wash, or it might give us the extra push we need to advance in the West, which is tougher than ever. Dirk is nearing the end of his career. No sense in playing it safe. Now is the time to take bold chances.

Think about it this way: Are the Mavs likely to get a better opportunity than this? Are we likely to get another shot at player as good as Rondo before Dirk can no longer play at a high level? History says no.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 12-18-2014 at 04:48 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote