Thread: Rondo?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 06:35 AM   #63
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymcfly View Post
I really don't like it, especially if we have to give up Brandan Wright. The value's just way too slanted in Boston's favor. Wright has been playing amazing off the bench, you could easily argue he's the 4th best player on the team with how efficient he's been, and his defense has been improving very quickly as well.

Rondo, meanwhile has not been playing well at all lately, and he really needs to control the ball to have any value at all. I have a very hard time seeing how possessions where Rondo (inefficient, league average PG at this point) is the primary ballhandler are going to be anywhere near as efficient as possessions where Monta's the primary ballhandler when we're already the most efficient offense in the league with Monta. Here are some fun stats on Rondo:

-Career .252 3-point shooter. Hasn't shot over .300 since his 3rd year in the league. Shooting .250 this year.

-Has made 12/36 free throws this year. Yes one out of every three! For his career, he's shooting .614 which would put him dead last on the team for Dallas.

-Celtics have been better with him off the court this year (+0.2 points per 48 min) than they have with him on the court (-2.2 PP48). Last year, they were also better with him off the court (-3.2 PP48) than with him (-8.3 PP48). The year before? Still better without him (+0.7 PP48) than with him (-1.9 PP48)

-His defense is vastly overrated. He gets a lot of steals, but he gambles way too much to get them, and gives up a lot of easy buckets. Each of the last 2 years, he's had a PER against over 18.0 where 15 is league average.

Look I get it, the Mavs are very good right now, but not quite at the true championship contender level, and with PG being our weakest position, it's easy to think a small upgrade there could put us over the top. Bringing in an inefficent PG who can't shoot isn't going to put us over the top though. If anything, it will probably make us worse. The only time I could really see Rondo having real value for us is when Monta's on the bench, and if we're just using him for bench minutes, why not keep Brandan Wright who's much better in the same role? If anything, I'd rather we make a run at a player like Luol Deng, let him play defense and shoot open 3s, and then just make Monta the official PG.

Dont you think Rondos latest Numbers the last years had sth. to do with having a piss poor Team? He went full ego mode in a lot of games while not being able to shoot because his teammates sucked.

I go out on a limb and say he will be much more efficient when playing in Dallas.

Luol Deng will not come to Dallas. The Heat are not rebuilding so giving them Wright and a 1st + a Scrub wouldnt get the Deal done.

Same for Ariza and Houston (similar player).

Sometimes you have to take risks. Yes the Offense is good so far, but we lack a great perimeter Defender and Rebounder against Elite West Guards like Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Holiday etc.

We are 0-5 against Western Playoffsteams so i doubt we do any damage with this team in the Playoffs. We may have some fun games but thats it.

If we want to give Dirk a real chance at a ring we have to take some risk.

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote