Thread: Rondo?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 08:17 AM   #67
iggymcfly

iggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really niceiggymcfly is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStandard View Post
Dont you think Rondos latest Numbers the last years had sth. to do with having a piss poor Team? He went full ego mode in a lot of games while not being able to shoot because his teammates sucked.

I go out on a limb and say he will be much more efficient when playing in Dallas.

Luol Deng will not come to Dallas. The Heat are not rebuilding so giving them Wright and a 1st + a Scrub wouldnt get the Deal done.

Same for Ariza and Houston (similar player).

Sometimes you have to take risks. Yes the Offense is good so far, but we lack a great perimeter Defender and Rebounder against Elite West Guards like Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Holiday etc.

We are 0-5 against Western Playoffsteams so i doubt we do any damage with this team in the Playoffs. We may have some fun games but thats it.

If we want to give Dirk a real chance at a ring we have to take some risk.
Rondo's never really been efficient. His shooting percentages were a little better when they were running the offense through Pierce in Boston, but he's got a career TS% of .507. Of 195 active players with at least 10,000 minutes, that ranks 178th. I mean, the dude can't even shoot 65% from the FT line!

I'm all about taking risks during Dirk's title window as long as there's some payoff. If we could put a package together for a league average PG that fit our system at all, I'd say go ahead, don't worry about the future, try to win a ring. But it's just a terrible payoff here. Our offense is too good too risk ruining it with a PG that can't hit an open shot.
iggymcfly is offline   Reply With Quote