Thread: Rondo?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 02:21 PM   #120
DGM
Banned

DGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really niceDGM is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty4sevenn View Post
After watching Brandon Wright get absolutely mauled by Gasol and Randolph when we played the Grizzlies, I'm ok with dealing him for Rondo. It's clear he's not good enough defensively to slow down the bigs from Memphis and San Antonio. Sure Wright is good offensively, but our offense isn't a problem. I don't think giving up our backup 5 will make our offensive less than championship caliber.

Rondo, on the other hand, is a significant upgrade everywhere except for shooting. And it's not like we were even getting that with Nelson lately. So what's the problem? There was way more concerns with Monta when we signed him and Carlisle turned his career around. Did everybody forget how much of an absolute demon Rondo was when he was surrounded by playmakers?

We aren't playing for 2nd place. We aren't building for the future. We are going all in for a championship. Adding Rondo is a no-brainer.

You hit the key point with Wright. I like him but teams with strong inside players abuse him. If Mavs can get Rondo with Wright as the centerpiece then they should do it.
DGM is offline   Reply With Quote