View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 11:29 AM   #100
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, it reminds me of when I lived in Austin about a decade or so ago and they mostly-banned smoking from nightclubs (you'd need a really expensive permit to allow it)... It was almost exclusively California transplants who wanted the bill passed, but most Austinites were against it... The bill ended up passing by just a few hundred votes -- only 4% of the population actually showed up to vote on it.

Democracy doesn't work for a lazy/apathetic population, and we're currently living in the laziest, most apathetic nation in the history of democracy (although I'm starting to wonder if that by design...)
It is by design. Issues for our presidential election are abortion (as if that's the end all be all of issues), who can go potty where, how big your penis is, getting rid of immigrants, building a judge dredd wall around our borders, emails, lots of emails apparently, did I mention emails?, emails in the quadrillions, the disappearance of emails, gun massacres, etc.

I mean, why on earth would people be apathetic?

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote