View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 07:25 PM   #22
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
sure, yet kurtz and others blame the cra for the mortgage crisis.
I haven't seen anybody blame the CRA itself. I've seen people blame ACORN for the way they used the provisions of the CRA to extort banks into lowering credit standards. I've seen people blame either the Clinton or Bush administrations (or both) for toughening CRA regulatory standards. But I haven't seen anybody blame the CRA itself.

Quote:
once again, there is no evidence that acorn, or anyone else for that matter, forced lenders to make loans to unqualified borrowers.

the lenders who made loans to unqualified borrowers did so on their own.
You acknowledge that ACORN pressured/blackmailed lenders into lowering credit standards on the one hand, and then on the other hand you say that lenders acted "on their own."

That doesn't make any sense.