Thread: Your last buy
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #50
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardos70 View Post
I had 6 drives, the heat/energy is more than I'd like to keep thinking about in the back of my head (technically I still have 6, I just haven't got around taking out the now useless 2 PATA ones).

What do you do on the computer though? 12GB is an overkill for pretty much anything I can think of. Really just bragging rights?

Oh, 5.71c = Tuna sub combo (gotta love Tuna friday specials).
i was worried about the noise and the heat as well. But the case i have is super quiet! Like i literally hear nothing. Its got 3 120mm fans inside. But ugh, yeah no issues whatsoever with heat or noise and its been on pretty much non stop since november is when i built it.

as far as the 12 gigs of ram. my plans initially were for virtual machines and lots of them. So thats pretty much why i got that much ram. the board has a 24 gig ram limit. im really impressed with the i7 920. great processor. and i haven't even touched the over clock stuff yet...
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote