View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 12:26 PM   #68
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
They gave up next year first with pretty low protections. You don't think that's giving up a lot? I'm not saying it was a bad move, but giving up a future 1st when you're in a rebuild is pretty substantial iMO.
I agree that the 2019 pick shouldn’t be discounted. I think, however, the way the league is headed, to get the most skilled wing to come along in arguably a decade at the cost of a pick in the 10-20 range in a weak draft is absolutely a steal. People had this class pegged as a generational class for a while, and then Bagley reclassified and made it even more talent-rich. Doncic goes number one overall next year. Doncic goes number one overall last year. The combination of talent and the draft order just so happened to make this possible for us this year, and we pounced.