View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 06:39 PM   #963
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Curry vs KD is a interesting debate. But I choose KD because when they were teammates for three years, KD was clearly recognized as the better of the two players, and Curry always deferred to KD. They won two titles together, and Durant was finals MVP both times. Also there was a good 3-4 stretch when KD was widely recognized to be the best player in the league. Curry only had one year when he was considered to be the best player- 2016- and then once that 73 win Warriors team got to the finals, Lebron flat out owned Curry and showed the whole world that no, Lebron was still the best player. Also Durant has two more All-NBA first teams, one more 2nd team, and 12 all-stars to Curry's 8. I haven't bothered to look up their numbers head to head, but I know Durant has twice as many scoring titles and of course he's a far better rebounder, being a legit 7 ft, and he's basically as good as Curry as a passer (Durant's passing is a ridiculously underrated part of his game.) Better defender too and it's not close.

The argument at this point for Curry is 2 MVPs to 1 and 4 titles to 2. I can see the argument for Curry's the totality of Curry's accomplishments being higher than Durant's, but when they're both at their peak, I think Durant has usually been regarded as the better player.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-17-2022 at 07:05 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote