Thread: Trade deadline
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 07:39 PM   #101
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Yeah I was disappointed that we missed the trade considering how little he was worth. We could have probably done like Green and a couple of 2nds and kept the FRPs in 2025/2027

But he's not that great. At 6'8" he's a downright terrible rebounder at the 3/4. His defense is poor. His three-point shooting is merely average (34%) which could be understandable if he was forced to take a bunch of defended threes, but he's shooting 28% when he gets a pass and is wide-open, which is the type of three-point shooting we'd want from him with Luka on the team.

He can do other stuff, but for a forward, we need rebounding, defense, and shooting. He doesn't really do any of that well. We don't need more guys that can't defend, rebound, or even finish when Luka finds them open.
I think he?s better than you give him credit for however the more I think about it, I?m not too upset they didn?t go in for him. He?s RFA in May so if they really want him they can put out an offer sheet.

Last edited by Melonhead; 01-23-2023 at 07:40 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote