Thread: Trade deadline
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 10:34 AM   #104
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I do not care for Cam Reddish, Terry Rozier, or John Collins.

Mavs Would do well to dive in deep talks with the Pacers...Myles Turner, TJ McConnell, Buddy Hield, any combo...

If they could somehow get Turner without having to include Wood, that's a dream scenario. But if you wanted both Turner and Hield, you will have to give.

I tend to lean with other posters prior to the season in that these 1st rounders we should be viewing as late 20s type picks. Of course, that banks on keeping Luka happy and being in the playoffs. Those aren't as valuable to me as to swinging the fence to see if that works.

Would a THJ, Powell, and a 1st convince the Pacers to part with Myles Turner and McConnell? If you want Hield and you don't think an extension with Wood is possible, throw in Wood and Hield, respectively, while potentially removing the 1st rounder. There's competition out there for Turner so I'd imagine the Mavs know the price. Let's see who balks.

Best case scenario would be Cuban willing to go into the luxury and build around Wood AND Turner. That SL would be enticing, to say the least:

Luka, SD, Green, Wood, Turner with McConnell, Bullock, DFS, Bertans and Powell of the bench...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote