View Single Post
Old 02-12-2023, 01:43 PM   #89
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Javale/Wood has failed so much we may not see it again. McGee is slow to rotate at his age and misses defensive assignments-- it's why he was unplayable in the playoffs last year for the Suns. If Wood wasn't a flamethrower offensively, he wouldn't get minutes for the same reason-- lack of lateral quickness, poor defensive decision-making, etc. Together, they could score and rebound (if there were misses to secure), but we would be lucky to get a single stop.

Kleber really appears to be the key to it all. Lineups with Kleber/Wood defended and rebounded well while seeing the benefit of Wood's defense. Sadly, it's the only 4/5 combo that worked with Wood because of how limited Powell and McGee are an how deficient Wood is at anchoring a defense/rebounding at a good enough level to play C.
I don?t see McGee or Wood as slow of foot. They aren?t as quick as Kyrie but they aren?t dinosaurs either. Remember that the Suns didn?t play Ayton either. Is he slow too? The Suns were trying to match size and it didn?t work out for them. Wood avgs 8.1 rbs a game so not sure Wood is deficient there. Powell avgs. 4.2 rbs. McGee has shown to be a game changer when he plays and teams have a hard time with his size and quick jumping ability. I am not sure what else the Mavs want from Wood to extend him. He scores, rebounds, blocks and seems like he wants to be here. He even played with a fractured finger. All I saw last night was Sabonis dominating in the middle and Mavs insisted on playing a mismatched Powell on him.