View Single Post
Old 02-16-2023, 01:35 AM   #8
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Wanted to hold off a few games before posting my thoughts about those two.

Green isn't the same player with Luka on the floor that he is with Kyrie on the floor.

He just becomes so stationery with Luka as opposed to being that extra ball handler he was with Kyrie.

Defensively, he just seems to have not been as effective as I thought he was and maybe it has more to do with Kidd playing him vs bigger players because the Mavs are forced to play small a lot.

I think he's the only guy on the roster who has a slight chance to stay in front of quick PG's. But overall, you can clearly see he's not on DFS level in terms of defending 1-4.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but Green might be best off the bench again and used primarily with Kyrie when Luka rest. That way he can get out run with Kyrie and also be a ball handler who likes to attack the rim or drive and kick out. He doesn't seem to get that chance with Luka but I understand why since Luka will control the ball a lot by himself.

As for Hardy I'm trying to be open minded about the guy but right now I think the other guy Wright seems to play more under control than Hardy. Hardy defensively kills Dallas because he gets lost a lot on rotations and guys kill him repeatedly with movement off the ball because loses them.

I personally don't think he's going to play as much in the playoffs because it's not just his defense it's his passing and ball handling to....

can't risk having him turn the ball over like he does when he's trying to be the ball handler. I think next year he might make a leap but this year he's too mistake prone to trust in the playoffs.

Maybe they will both look better after the break, maybe Kidd will decide to utilize them most with Kyrie since they both like to get up and down the floor. But in the playoffs when the games slow down and become more halfcourt I just don't think their strengths fit with Luka.

Luka is more built to play with stationery spot up shooters in a slow pace offensive system and that is not Hardy and Green's style of play.

I hate to say it but we are going to see Bullock and THJ both in the starting lineup come playoff time unless by some miracle Holiday performs well and earns minutes as that DFS replacement. He can actually defend 1-4 so I think we all should keep our fingers crossed that he becomes the starter eventually over THJ.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote