View Single Post
Old 02-16-2023, 01:54 AM   #69
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Mavs are going to have a nice stretch over the next nine days. I doubt we lose more than one game in that time
I'm hoping that Holiday and Morris can both get settled in after the break. I know neither one of them are popular choices but I believe one of them if not both can help this team defensively if Kidd stops being loyal to the clowns who have been here year after year.

I think they both can give you a solid 12-18 minutes per night at the 3 & 4. You can throw them both at guys like PG, MPJ, Ingram, Wiggins, Booker or Bane.

Kyrie and Luka together is going to generate offense for this team vs anyone. The key will be finding some sort of combination of wings and a big that you can trust to make a few shots when needed but most importantly hold up defensively around those two guys.

If Kleber is healthy I think him and Wood should rotate at center. Depending on what you need offense or defense late in games you can close with one or the other.

I honestly would love to see Kidd experiment with a starting lineup of Kleber, Morris, Holiday, Kyrie and Luka. I know it's wishful thinking because Powell and THJ asses aren't coming off the bench to start games.

But I believe both of those veteran wings would give you similar production as DFS. I'm not saying they are equal to DFS but they both have offensive and defensive traits similar to him.

If Kidd truly wanted to get a little better production on that end of the floor Kleber, Morris and Holiday would be a solid trio because they can all switch and rotate pretty effectively on defense.

Last edited by Dallas41; 02-16-2023 at 01:55 AM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote