Thread: Fire Kidd
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2023, 10:59 AM   #83
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

I'm going to give this all about 10 more games. In that period, you have a fairly cushioned schedule with 4 more straight at home and ideally Kleber coming back into the fold.

One of the primary things I better see is the removal of Frank from the rotation. I think I align mostly with the poster who mentioned the wishy/washy nature of these rotations. Yea, I totally get missing players and adding some via trade will do that. However, this was occurring even before all of that and the guy in charge of the lineups and playing time has delivered inconsistent messaging.

Why the fuck Frank is out there in the 3rd or 4th to last possession is beyond me. You could convince me (barely at this point) of minutes earlier in the game, but good god, when the game is coming down to its last minutes, it's pretty fucking obvious the best players should be in the game. It took that one possession to realize it and correct the 5 in, but it cost an easy two points.

The end of game management is still way off. I hate that we now have a new excuse with Kyrie being in the fold. But again, it doesn't matter who the fuck the five are out on the floor, you should have at least 2-3 bread and butter plays that fit most scenarios (where the ball is coming out, time on the clock, etc.). It doesn't seem like that's the case.

The can Kidd and let Sweeney cook idea has been creeping in my head. At the same time, the hard ball that Kidd can play here might be the only chance at finally convincing Luka to shut the fuck up and play basketball. His insistent whining has even worn on me and I'm one of his biggest fans. It's just simply not pleasant to watch and has become ever increasingly obvious that it is hurting the team. We talk about how Wood gives up as much on D as he gives on O, Luka continues to eat into his production with the bitching and moaning and I can't help but start to think that rubs off on his teammates in addition to them having to constantly play 5v4 ball on defense.
saclare is online now   Reply With Quote