Thread: Trade deadline
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2023, 05:45 PM   #1102
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I might be in the minority here

But I personally felt all year the mavs needed more than just 1 additional player.

Don't get me wrong I like kyrie but I think most opened minded fans could clearly see the biggest issues with this team all year has been rim protection and lack of wing defense.

Kyrie wasn't fixing either of those two issues.

As much as Luka needed help the mavs were still putting up points. They just couldn't stop anyone

But this all started with Cuban thinking he could sign Brunson later as opposed to earlier in the process. You only needed kyrie because you let JB walk.

In theory this team should have cameback this season with a roster consisting of Luka, JB and Wood as your top 3 weapons.

Spencer should have been here as your 3rd ballhandler

Ideally, this team should have went into the trade deadline this year looking to add that extra wing defender to pair with DFS and a competent defensive big.

Had they not botched the JB situation they could have easily added pieces like S.Bey and Noel without giving up the farm. There's your extra wing defender and serviceable big who can defend out in space.

You now have DFS, Green, Bey and Bullock as your wing options defensively with center rotation of Kleber, Noel and Powell

Wood is a much better fit at the 4 next to kleber or Noel when you want to go big

But the mavs screwed this shit up starting with the JB blunder
We have the wing defensive starter. Apparently Holiday was always the answer. 1 game and he's probably a lock. Tough luck Josh, thanks for all the hard work.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote