View Single Post
Old 03-07-2023, 11:31 AM   #163
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/stat...752609281?s=20
Quote:
While a lot of focus is placed on discussing "fit" with Kyrie Irving and Luka Doncic, I asked Irving about how the lineups are progressing when he leads the Mavericks' bench group:

"Just not losing the leads, or kind of coming in and not having a team-first mentality. Guys are coming off the bench and want to come in and show their talent, obviously put points on the board. But I think we're just easing into and just knowing that if we continue to play at a high pace, everybody's going to get their shots."

"Just continuing to have that next-play mentality. If you don't get it that one play, do something for your teammate in order to get him a better shot or put yourself in position. It's just one of those times throughout the season, especially where we are after the trade, where our units are figuring each other out. And when we do, we'll be good."
There's really only two guys that come off the bench that are putting up shots-- THJ and Wood. THJ and Kyrie are tight, so it's not hard to see that he's talking about Wood.

I get it-- Wood thought he'd be drafted and wasn't. He had to fight every day to have a roster spot. We're his 7th team in 8 years so it has to be hard to be a team-first guy when it's a different team every year and you are desperate for that next payday.

Still, I think Kyrie might be right-- there are guys who are going for their own glory (and who wouldn't on the Rockets) that need to grow up and play team-first ball.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-07-2023 at 11:35 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote