View Single Post
Old 03-07-2023, 12:29 PM   #164
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
https://twitter.com/GrantAfseth/stat...752609281?s=20

There's really only two guys that come off the bench that are putting up shots-- THJ and Wood. THJ and Kyrie are tight, so it's not hard to see that he's talking about Wood.

I get it-- Wood thought he'd be drafted and wasn't. He had to fight every day to have a roster spot. We're his 7th team in 8 years so it has to be hard to be a team-first guy when it's a different team every year and you are desperate for that next payday.

Still, I think Kyrie might be right-- there are guys who are going for their own glory (and who wouldn't on the Rockets) that need to grow up and play team-first ball.
Ahh that was from a game or two ago right? Yea, I took that as a loving shot at Wood, but a general input from Kyrie, too. Very broad, but it doesn't hurt to have another guy of Luka's caliber to enforce these ideals. Definitely understand the mentality from Wood's perspective and that's how you grow as a player and team. Let's see if they can make necessary changes...
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote