View Single Post
Old 01-02-2003, 11:19 AM   #19
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

<< I will accept that Nellie would have to go if &quot;the Ring&quot; is the very last thing to achieve.

But is it? Are we not overboard judging about the talent of our team yet?

We haven´t won a Division nor Conference Title. We haven´t finished No. 1 in rankings. We have not crossed the .600 barrier.

If we´d dominate the league for years now but won´t get into the Conference Finals THEN you´ll have the right to complain, but we never ever showed WORTHY of beeing THE TEAM TO BEAT so far, so isn´t it homerism to complain about losing series in which we were the underdogs?

And Murph - until something big happens Nellie just has proven you wrong in your wish to get rid of him so far - at least till April.
>>

Seel.... You are so right on. We may THINK we were a better team than Sac last year but we weren't. We were better than we showed, but the organization and players learned something from it. If at the end of the regular season we have the best record in the league, then there really are some pretty big markers for nellie to cover in my mind. If that is the case we will be very competitive and have to contend. We may not be mentally ready yet to tell you the truth, sac might be more ready as they have been on the journey longer. But not competing will be very dissapointing, for me, for &quot;us&quot; and for Cubes..
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote