View Single Post
Old 01-02-2003, 07:22 PM   #37
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

<< At what point in Nelson's career did Nelson have one of the top 5 teams in the NBA, until now? >>

David: I pretty much agree with everything you said. But the Smart Ass nit picker in me has prompted me to do a premptive strike on a minor point. Nellies Bucks in the early 80's were regarded by most a the 4th best team behind the Lakers, Celtics, and 76ers (the order of the 3 varying from year to year, but the bucks always being 4th). IMO Don Nelson is one of the top reasons Dr. J only has 1 NBA championship ring. After going through grueling 7 game series with the Bucks the 76ers didn't have enough in the tank to put the Celtics away allowing Boston to come back from a 3-1 deficit to go on to beat the Rockets in the Finals. May or may not have made a difference. But despite the inaccuracy Nellies Bucks were never rated higher than 3rd in their conference. Even if you list the Kings as best as many do, the Mavs are at least #2 in most peoples books. That's better than Nellie has ever had.

Nellie has also reached the conference finals beating the favored celtics 4-0 to do so and losing to the 76ers 5-1. The one loss was the 76ers only one in the playoffs that year.