View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 09:16 AM   #10
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad View Post
Wow, Glenn Beck makes a very good comment and yet some still choose to belittle him.

Now I don't watch ALL the Glenn Beck episodes, but when I do, I find him to be very informative. I find him teaching more than anything else. Specifically History as hardly any other TV source is willing to do. I have yet to see him bring up a point that he does not have a source document for what he is sharing.

I find him to be quite reasonable. He is not a racist, as some try to unfairly push.

Now, I have noticed that those who hate are also not "Racist"...but rather Prejudiced. They pre-judge based on the name "Glenn Beck" or "Rush Limbaugh" or "Tea Party" or "Republican".

Admittedly, I too Pre-Judge based on "Democrat" however, I am not Racist. I have spent the past couple of years trying to hear and even listen to the "Democrats" side, but over and over I find myself standing in difference to the ideology of Democrats.

For some reason, I find that each of us has a brain and can think for ourselves. I find that others do not know what's best of us, but rather it is we the people who are uniquely qualified with the knowledge of our own lives and thus uniquely gifted to make the choices for our own lives.

I also find that with our freedoms, we are gifted to celebrate as well as experience the consequences of our choices. Much like this group on Florida choosing to burn copies of the Koran or these groups pushing to fund and build a Muslim Mosque on or near Ground Zero.

We live in both a glorious world, as well as a Twisted Society...a place where Good is placed at Odds with evil.

Perhaps what we are seeing is a two headed monster that is the result of pride. It takes two to tango, but it will also take two to be humble before we can respect the freedoms of our own choices and thus the tolerance to live as a people with opposing views.

It's rather amusing to witness how people react differently to others, I find that I have learned and become a bit more humble as I listen more and more to Glenn Beck, yet others become more judgmental simply from the perception that is cast via a multitude of media.

I hope, no, I Pray that the Hate will stop and that we become willing to love one another as brother and sister.
Usually people who see things in that way tend to see themselves as "Good" and anyone who disagrees with them as "Evil." All you are really doing is defending your thoughts because you are threatened by some other person's thoughts. "What am I without my thoughts and ideas?" This seems to usually lead to fanaticism. Those images and ideas will become your anchor and life will lose its complexity and subtlety.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote