View Single Post
Old 06-29-2003, 10:32 PM   #67
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default Grade our draft !!

Quote:
Originally posted by: foglemann
So much attention, I feel like a girl in prison.

David if you want my opinion, I will give it, but you always pull the same thing. Never anything direct, like, 'why is your reasoning behind that grade'. Just ask me why, its not hard. I posted that grade because he won't get much play time, he is undersized at the 3, and we passed up on potential better players. If Howard plays at that level for us at sometime, I will be estatic, but until then or until I think he is worth passing up on some other players that could be better, I will give it an F.

I also answered the question for the post 'give the grade, comment'. I said 'FFFFFFFFFFFFF, no doubt'. Might not be the most explained, but it is an answer and comment. I DID back up my this post with this one.

Quote:
DNNF, it is an F. If you want to be dissapointed in Howard next year because you think that Nellie will play him and that you think he can actually contribute, then that's fine by me, but this draft was a F in my book. I don't think you want to go toe to toe in basketball knowledge with me, it would be sad. That is my opinion, don't get angry, its just a message board.

If you would not decide to be so smart about everything, it would be a better debate and decussion. Your the one calling me the professional. I never said I was anything more than a fan and wanted the best for the team. Also, why does it matter what my sig. is? Its not part of the debate, its just something I felt was needed to put me in my 'happy place'. I was not as excited as everyone when we drafted Howard.

MMF, Why am I an indiot just because I might have never seen him play and given such a grade. I did see one of his games on ESPN and I remember very cleary he had a great drive and dunk, added to a great shooting night. Seemed to me that he could do a nice job on a team. NOW, because I have seen him play, does that make me have to give a good grade for the Mavs, NO. I feel that he will contribute in small amounts and probably will get buried on the bench. I have always felt that you draft for potential and upside, and avoid the so called 'NBA ready' guys unless, of course, you are in the lottery and need help right away. This whole WIN NOW attitude is rediclous. You have to keep adding, not settling for people that MAY contribute when you can pick up guys that MAY contribute off the street. With players on the board that could become great players, its my thought is to grab them up and develope him. We have a deep bench, somewhat, and we can easily find formitable cheap FA, if we need to fill the roster. We won 60 games and went to the WCF, why draft a guy that's not going to add anything to it. Draft a guy that in two or three years, when we could need some help, come in and be ready.

I didn't call you a idiot because of your grade I called you a idiot because of your signature. We have never seen this guy play on a NBA court. We weren't there when he was being scouted in Chicago or anywhere else. It's one thing to give him a grade of a F but it's another to say he sucks when you have seen him play one time collegiate. We were at the 29th pick. That means we were going to get a guy that every team in the NBA didn't want. Mavs got a guy who played in college for 4 years and his profile doesn't look to bad either. 7'2 inch wingspan, Good Defender, plays some small foward, etc. I'd understand this was a lottery pick we were talking about but for goodness sake this is the last pick of hte first round.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote