View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 05:51 PM   #30
TheBlueVan
Golden Member

TheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to allTheBlueVan is a name known to all

Dude, chill. yeah i watched the game. fantastic talent on offense, good defensive plays on texas' side. i (and everyone else hyping the game) is basing the "game of the century" tag on the fact that its OHIO STATE vs MICHIGAN. theres no rivalry in college football on the same scale. there are other fantastic rivalries with great history, but this is THE GAME

it could not end up being as dramatic as last years national championship, but i think that because of the rarity of the nature of this years game the hype is warranted.

as far as the ohio state/miami game, i was just pointing out that there have been several other dramatic championship games in recent years.

On michigan's "slow" defense- I dont know how much Big 10 news trickles down to texas, but michigan has a new defensive coordinator this year who spent the ENTIRE offseason slimming down and conditioning the defense. even OSU homer Herbstreiet said that michigans defense "looks like one of the great SEC defenses of the last 20 years" as far as team speed and fitness go. last year we were burned time and again by mobile QBs and while we havent played one of smiths calibur yet, we have HAMMERED the ones that beat us last year.

"Michigans defense that everyone loves cant come close to running with OSU just like they havent been able to for the last 2 years."
-okay, did YOU watch last years game? in our worst season in years we led ohio state through 3 quarters until we folded like we always did last year. we had a 12 point lead with 8 minutes remaining!
TheBlueVan is offline   Reply With Quote