Thread: The Obama Boom.
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #99
aquaadverse

aquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to allaquaadverse is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
why do you believe that the public blamed nixon for vietnam? are you unaware that nixon ran (and won) in 68 as the candidate that would get us out of vietnam?

carter's lead vanished bcause he made public comments about pardoning draft deserters and the famous "lusted in my heart" interview.

ford was just as inept, with the ridiuclous assertion that there was no domination of eastern europe by the soviets.

if the pardon of nixon was the reason ford lost, why then did ford almost catch carter while he was steadfast in saying the pardon was the right thing to do?

"it wasn't the recession. It was..people losing half the value of their 401Ks"??? so it wasn't the economy tanking, it was the results of the economy tanking?
okey dokey....that makes a ton of sense.

uh huh, that's why he overcame the clinton machine. right.

it's way too difficult to follow you on pelosi, first you say she "Pelosi take the most of the heat while she seems content with the role of keeping the agenda left of center and consistent with traditional Dem values", now you say she "went away".

surprisingly, you seem to be disturbed that someone challenges your views by providing history and facts.

if you don't like being challenged and defending your comments, you shouldn't post in an online forum. if you want to take your ball and go home, sobeit.

thanks for playing.
Cutting and pasting from Wikipedia articles without crediting them is pretty "Bush".

You obviously have no idea of what went on during Nixon-Carter era if you're making comments asking why Nixon was blamed for Vietnam and yammering about Ford pardoning and the effect on the campaign.

There's a reason every single credible account mentions the pardon as the biggest reason Ford was unable to catch Carter. Nixon was hated by many in a way that puts the current W detractors in the irritated category.

I remember being at a friend's when some of the footage from the fall of Saigon and his Mom bursting into tears. My friend's brother was a casualty of that war along with 50,000 others and the way it ended made the deaths pointless. Ford was in the big chair when it ended, but no one mentions him with Vietnam because he couldn't do much about it. Congress refused to approve money for it. The public wouldn't accept carpet bombing which was about all that was left. The pardon didn't just piss people off about Watergate, it also made the prosecution of war crimes impossible.

Hillary had no military, business or executive experience either. The difference is she tried to act like she it. "Ready from day one " and her other slogans implying she was a co-president which was ridiculous. He defeated the Clinton machine because of what he symbolized and having no record to attack. You want to ignore her history and the well documented polarizing effect she had prior to the campaign, fine. He was the highly touted backup quarterback who had never taken a professional snap when the current started was despised

Pelosi was front and center during the Stimulus Bill, flew to Europe when it was done and attention turned to the housing market, the ever falling financial market and Obama being unable to find senior staff and cabinet members who pay their taxes. I really don't see why this is so difficult for you understand. Unless there is legislation being debated or she is attached to something like this stupid time wasting blathering about military aircraft flying her back and forth. It is perfectly logical and consistent to talk about her responsibilities and profile in that context.

I have no problem being challenged and I enjoy discussions where reasonable people debate. You gave me neither.

Yikes.

Last edited by aquaadverse; 03-15-2009 at 02:00 PM.
aquaadverse is offline   Reply With Quote