Thread: The Obama Boom.
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 02:38 PM   #100
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaadverse View Post
Cutting and pasting from Wikipedia articles without crediting them is pretty "Bush".
??? earth to space, please come back....what the heck are you referring to? from what I read you are prone to "cut and paste" from wiki, which isn't as much "bush" as exposing your lack of knowledge.

Quote:
You obviously have no idea of what went on during Nixon-Carter era if you're making comments asking why Nixon was blamed for Vietnam
wow, you're a trip.

you posted
Quote:
The number one reason Carter was elected was Nixon and his record. You can keep talking about running against the establishment but Watergate and impeachment and our tail between the legs exit from Vietnam got him elected.
to which I pointed out that nixon was elected in '68 on a platform of getting the us OUT of vietnam, so no, just the opposite, nixon was not "blamed for vietnam",

Quote:
and yammering about Ford pardoning and the effect on the campaign.
ok, let's review...

you posted
Quote:
Ford pardoning Nixon sealed a loss. and also Ford pardoning Nixon sealed a loss.
yet when comfronted with the clear contradiction of that statement by the fact ford almost made up his poll deficit by election day IN SPITE OF not backing off, and refusing to address the pardon (that means the public didn't really put the pardon high on the reasons to not support ford), all you do is ignore history and call my facts "yammering"??

you're a piece of work...

Quote:
There's a reason every single credible account mentions it as the biggest reason he didn't.
no, that isn't true.

Quote:
Hillary had no military, business or executive experience either. The difference is she tried to act like she it. He defeated the Clinton machine because of what he symbolized.
"what he symbolized"? so his policies, which were different than clinton's, his extraordinary talents in communincatin, thise didn't matter...it was just obama's symbolism that brought him th nomination?

bs. it wasn't due to clinton "tried to act like she it" (whatever that means) obama won because he ran a well coordinated campaign with strong policy positions the voters gravitated to, he gave a sense of comfort to the voters based on his candor and communication skills.

Quote:
Pelosi was front and center during the Stimulus Bill, flew to Europe when it was done and attention turned to the housing market, the every falling financial market and Obama being unable to find senior staff and cabinet members who pay their taxes.
uh, the stimulus bill was passed because of "the housing market, the every falling financial market", so they are interrelated. pelosi is still around, but it was YOUR statement that "Obama is....letting Pelosi take the most of the heat while she seems content with the role", and when mentioned that she is "invisible" you do a backtrack.

Quote:
I have no problem being challenged and I enjoy discussions where reasonable people debate. You gave me neither.

Yikes.
when you are challenged you huff and puff like a child, and when shown to be in error you either a) ignore the facts (like when shown the multiple obama interviews), b) backtrack (such as on pelosi), or c) dig in your heels with your position, refusing to answer the contradictions shown (such as nixon on vietnam and ford on the pardon).

you may truly believe you "enjoy...debate", but you don't actually debate. you just offer your opinions in lieu of facts. that is not debate, that's self promotion.

the emporer has no clothes....
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote