View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 09:33 AM   #490
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Babel.....

ok, i watched the first 30 minutes or so, and I just can't get into it. even the chinese chick flashing her squirrel didn't, ummm, raise my interest level. I get that "Babel" has something to do with a lot of people speaking different languages, and I can see that Brad Pitt will fight language barriers in order to find help for his big-eared wife....

...but all this really just means I've got to read a lot of sub-titles. seriously, there's a reason I rent movies rather than buy books.

i also see where others have compared this to Crash, a movie that I thought really sucked.

so, anyone want to tell me that I really need to give it another chance, or should I just return this straightaway?