View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 02:28 PM   #57
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Yes, it's different..and I can't really think of anyone worth listening to that believes that he's the best player in the history of the NBA... Top 10..probably so. The best?

It's happened in other sports. It truly is sad, but Cuban is off base doing this.
I don't think he was saying that Kobe is the best player of all time. He's saying Kobe is the best player to ever die so young. And I think that's absolutely true. And I can't think of any comparison in any other sport. Walter Payton maybe? But as great as Payton was, even he wasn't the global icon that Kobe was.

If I owned the Mavs, I personally wouldn't do this, but I don't see why it should bother anyone. Kobe was NOT just any player- nor did he die under normal circumstances. and this has not and will not happen when just any NBA player or even NBA legend dies. Additionally, Kobe had a long history with Cuban and the Mavs personally. It's obvious Kobe meant something personal to Cuban that other players don't. I don't think Cuban would do the same for any other player, really- even Lebron or Shaq. MAYBE Duncan just because the Mavs and Spurs have so much history.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 01-27-2020 at 02:41 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote