View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #493
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcat View Post
of course my example is an over-simplication. i know it is never that easy.

but that example perfectly illustrates the strategic value of knowing your opponent's information before you make a move. it becomes just not a level play field.
Moot because no matter what is announced I can change any player on the lineup card anytime before first pitch.

So I announce a-b-c-d and I decide to go to a three day rest and only pitch three pitchers in the playoffs.

So I announce a-b-c-d and decide to start my long reliever instead because of a "sore" back.

Moot point with no real advantage unless you happen to get lucky.

Most teams would just say, I'll send mine out there, and we will beat you.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote