View Single Post
Old 01-11-2004, 03:51 PM   #47
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Dallas/Portland Trade

Quote:
Originally posted by: Dirkenstien
If Walker has come in and taken more shots then I wouldnt place the blame on him and deem him selfish more than I would blame Nellie for making him one of the main focal points of our offense (poin forward) and by giving him the green light on shooting shots at will I would say Walker is following instructions more than he is being selfish.

Nellie hasnt asked Jamison to play the same role that he's asked Walker to play and that alone may account for the difference in shots per game. Jamison coming off the bench and averaging about 8 minutes less than Walker also makes sense.
I think you know more than neone else on this board that i think Nellie is a moron. But if nething "point-foward" means taking less shots. Chris Mullin(in Nellies system) didnt take a lot of shots(his most average shots per game was 18.5 but he also shot .524 from the field so he averaged 25ppg)....Pippen didnt take a lot of shots(his worst season was 16.6)...and honestlty for even comparing Walker to the likes of Mullin and Pippen i should be shot...As a POINT your job is to get the rest of the team involved in the game...thats why Nash doesnt take so many shots...but ya...Walker has no right to bring the ball up the court while Nash is in the game