View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #91
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Some slightly encouraging blurbs I read about Free's play:

Quote:
Colombo was replaced by third-year backup swing tackle Doug Free, who is expected to fill in for the remainder of the season. A year after the offensive line had its problems with Kyle Kosier out of the lineup, the new front five combination will need to develop instant unity.

"There ain't no excuse, to be honest," Leonard Davis said. "I'm not going to lie to you, he's a guy that I've been playing with, and half the battle is just communicating, knowing what guys are going to be doing, certain plays versus certain looks.

"I think it's pretty big, but Doug Free came in and did a good job, he stepped up and went in there and played."

Though Free didn't seem to be the reason for the trouble, the Cowboys allowed a season-high five sacks in Sunday's loss. Without Colombo, known for his physicality and nastiness, the Cowboys are in need of a new emotional leader up front.
Link
Quote:
Free stepped right in and although he thought he played well, he's expecting to be much more prepared next week.

"It's hard to put yourself in that game-attitude if you know you're not starting," Free said. "In practice, you don't get many reps. You have to take more mental reps. It's not something you can totally prepare for."

Free played alongside right guard Leonard Davis, who said there was good communication between the two, despite their lack of continuity.

"The whole time Doug was out there, him and I were talking," Davis said. "We talked on the bench and just kind of went over some plays and scenarios, so that way when we got on the field we were able to communicate and be on the same page, because the worst thing you can do is go out on the field with somebody that's never had any game experience and not be on the same page."
Link
Oh, and that call sucked. As did allowing GB to stop play with a challenge-oops-no-challenge-oh-well-no-penalty.

Is this ghost ball??

Last edited by DirkFTW; 11-17-2009 at 06:01 PM.
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote