View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 07:52 PM   #30
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
I think I heard that his contract is essentially put "on hold" while he is in Europe, so he will still be restricted when he returns.
What?

Lebron has 2 more years left on his contract with a player option for the 3rd year. He will definitely opt out to get more money. Making him an UNRESTRICTED free agent. He is going to be able to choose where he wants to go..most likely NJ, NY, or LA so that a clause in his advertising contract kicks in, giving LEbron more money. Of Lebron does something crazy and signs with a Euro team...he will be an unrestricted free agent when he returns.

He can't break his contract and not play..leave to play for Europe and then come back with no repercussions. That makes NO sense.

Last edited by nikeball; 08-03-2008 at 07:54 PM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote