View Single Post
Old 04-11-2001, 10:47 AM   #3
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

How can you say it wasn't defense. Forget percentages for a minute because they've won MANY games this year shooting terrible from the field. Look at averages, Fin scored 25 which is four points above his average. Dirk scored 20 which is two points below his average. Add in Juwan's 16 they accounted for 61 of the teams 79 points so I'm sorry they did they job. They should have and could have done MUCH better but we have to anticipate NASH won't play that bad always, so I'm not concerned about their scoring.

This I do know David Robinson had a season high lastnight. Between he and Duncan they scored 59 points which is almost what Dirk, Fin and Juwan scored. You have to counter that, either with scoring in the low post or better defense. We had neither. Now I'm not saying it's SOLELY Bradley's fault, but he's the one we look to stabilize the post. He and Booth that is, it's too early to expect Zhi-Zhi to have an effect down there so Bradley has to play better.

I've said that before too, I don't care what our big four does if Bradley and Booth doesn't control the low post, we won't win. It's that simple. You need to have a solid front line and good rebounding and good low post defense to win in the playoffs.