Thread: Bradley Beal
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 01:00 PM   #21
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampsAgainShoon View Post
We also had two chances with Luka already. No one came.
What are you talking about? You mean last year when Luka was coming off his rookie season and the Mavs had won 33 games? Or this past season when we only had the MLE?

Quote:
I don't remember any player demanding a trade to Dallas even when Dirk was in his 20's. Maybe this situation will be different but I'm not counting on it.
The Mavs never had cap space when Dirk was in his 20s. Plus I don't really think you can compare the eras, because Dirk's 20s were pre-"player empowerment" and the culture regarding trades and free agency was completely different.

But I've already agreed to "not counting on it" numerous times, so I don't know what we're even debating about.

Quote:
I really wasn't paying close attention to this free agency that just ended though like I'm sure some of you were I'm not sure if we had cap space. But I liked the trades. I've rarely had a problem with their trades.
This past free agency was one of the worst classes ever. The only thing that happened really was Gordon Hayward got one of the biggest overpays in NBA history, and everyone that was supposed to make up 2021's historically great free agency signed extensions with their current teams.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 01-11-2021 at 01:01 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote