View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 11:30 AM   #69
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
BTW, while we're on the Cowboys, I am sick and tired of the crazy "QB controversey" the media, specifically 103.3, is trying to stir up around here.

Check out Galloway's column today: http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/15277155.htm

Man, I don't buy this for a SECOND. I mean come on. Does anyone really think Parcells has given a second's thought to giving Romo the starting job?

Now, if Bledsoe struggles in the regular season? Maybe. But I will eat my shoe if Parcells gives Romo the job straight out of camp. What a drummed up non-story.
I want there to be a controversy. How nice it is to have a young QB good enough to create whispers about knocking a HOF QB out of the #1 spot on the depth chart!!!

I am definitely rooting for Romo and I hope he has 3 more terrific preseason games and I hope it is BECAUSE he is the real deal and ultimately the future answer at QB for the next 5-8 years. While we both know Bill isn't taking Drew out for Tony, (and SHOULD NOT at this point), the controversy is nothing but good news that is due to a quality arm being in the #2 spot.

Romo shows moxie, confidence, and tight perfect spirals more times than not. Be happy this is happening, even though there truly isn't any hope for him starting out of the gate. Nothing but good reviews for this kid all camp long and a great preseason game to boot. Be happy jthig... Be happy!