View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 01:25 PM   #21
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Around the NBA forum, much?

Damn solid move for the Spurs. RJ fits pretty much perfectly there.

For those ready to cry about the Mavs, hold your tears back. If anger is what's called for that'll be clear enough eventually. Dallas could've easily beaten this offer if they'd wanted to, so the fact that the Spurs got Jefferson is, as I see it, an unmistakable indication that either:

a) they think (or know) that they can get something better, or

b) they're floating around an a cloud of apathy and incompetence.

Why is this a good thing? Because there will be no doubt about which of these two options is correct by the time Stack's status as an instant expirer...expires. The bar has been set.
Or c) Cuban's claims on the radio last week about only being willing to take on salary for an all star caliber player were truthful, and they've set that bar above the Richard Jefferson level.

And I find the idea that Stack is going to fetch something better than Jefferson very optimistic.

I'm incredibly pessimistic at this point.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote