View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 07:39 PM   #482
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
In all seriousness, you need to wake ... up. I know you're all probably fifteen year old narcissists (you're not?) who don't give a damn about the unforeseen consequences of changing the energy use of 6 billion people (either because your adolescent brain can't extrapolate beyond the now or because you're banking on the genius of mankind which has never ever created a flawed solution to a previous problem. ever.), but shouldn't you at least stop and consider the alternative: what if your wrong? That is, what if your tiny project with tiny consequences/byproducts gets multiplied to create 6 billion people's worth of consequences and byproducts? Not only have you screwed your friends and family, your children and their children, but you've also screwed billions of other people you don't even know.
If I'm wrong the consequences sure as hell won't be as bad as if your wrong. It's this type of idiocy that gives America its bad name, ignoring the subject completely, but at least you threw in some pretty pictures there. The perspective of this board only makes sense on an economic level, and even then, completely shortsighted. There are other perspectives to consider and none of you have given a thought towards any one of them.

Quote:
facepalm ... as in I don't know how else to respond to:
Awesome. I really didn't expect anyone on this board to agree, but the insults are definitely a bonus.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote