View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #485
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokey41 View Post
QUOTE]

I agree with what you are saying here but if you go back to the quotes I've listed you can see that you've already given up. And why? Because now someone is "commanding" you to make the world a better place? I guess you may not agree with how they are going about it, but I never said I do either. Now my question to you is, environmentally (and not just from a capitalist view), how would you make the world a better place?

To me it's quite simple, I take care of my area and build relationships with others around. In those relationships, I hope to be of some influence that helps them better their area, and likewise, I hope to learn from those relationships to better my own area.

My issue is very much regarding Government Control. This to me is the biggest problem and the greatest potential to ruin the environment as we know it.

As for you point on Military spending...like everyone, I would love to spend zero on the military, unfortunately, that is not a safe reality. It is clear that we have individuals who are flat out evil. Sometimes, these individuals get together to form a mass...they then go out and cause problems amongst peace loving nations. In some cases, they simply hide out in their own boarders and abuse the very people they are suppose to protect.

America has shown over and over, that they defend freedom, when ever and where ever it is needed.

As it is, the enemy is not and has not ever shown itself to be willing to talk through it's hatred...rather they manipulate their hatred and destroy lives...for that matter, one could argue that they also destroy the environment as this is the least of their worries. They simply want power.

Now when it comes to the issues that we see common in Africa and other parts of the world with regards to food...we know that throwing money at the problem is wrong, if that is all we do.

We must provide resources and relationships, while also be mentally and emotionally strong enough to help those who want the help and to not get caught up in enabling those who just want handouts.

In other words, teach these regions how to set up their own economies, how to trade, how to fuel their own survival and ultimate prosperity.

The old saying, give a man a fish and he will eat for a day...teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.

My desire would be to help communities enrich themselves, rather than waste time and money on GCC and other environmental issues through Government intervention.

Truth be known, as much as a Government is needed, the only thing it is and should be there for is National Defense as well as a Police force to stop criminals. Outside of that, it is the responsibility of each of us as individuals to meet the needs of society...be responsible for ourselves, our families, our circle of influence. Then provide support, as private individuals, not as a government for others who are in need to the best of our abilties.

Too many of us, rely on our government to do these things, and we just walk away as if it's not our responsibility anymore.

Government has become the huge entity that is filled with corruption and they are feeding on the emotions of the needy and the emotions it stirs up in others with a guilty conscious.

Now you say that I have a defeatest attitude...but rather to the contrary...what I despise is the manipulation that is used by the GCC and Environmentalist crowd. They are rather defeating and it's a major hot button for me...perhaps it's dealing with my mother issues, who also uses guilt and manipulation and quite frankly it pisses me off.

What I believe is that this crowd has and continues to exagerate the numbers. I don't believe that separating my trash does anything other than waste my time...so I am against recycling. But, as I live this way I am painted as some type of monster.

I happen to like driving a gas guzzler, when I need the added power...I also drive a car that is fairly effecient at some 36 MPG, which serves its purpose.

But much of those decisions are based on financial issues.

So create cars that are efficient and low-cost...why would anyone want to pay more for a "Green" solution, when the regular solution performs just fine?

So there you have it...don't raise prices on standard solutions, but rather offer alternative "Green" solutions that are equally if not more reliable and actually cost less than the standard solution.

Naturally, people would choose to move towards a "Green" solution...at the end of the day, most people make decisions based on the bottom line...not because they are greedy, but because it's the budget that we live under.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote