View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 08:25 AM   #20
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I still think Seattle wins the division, in spite of their awfu lineup. They're not going to win for than say, 85 games, but I think they win the division with that, unless the Angels get healthy quick or the Rangers have about 20 different "ifs" go the right way for them.

BTW, Josh Hamilton is a freaking stud, and his homerun wasn't even the best part about his game last night. We haven't seen a Ranger show that kind of range in centerfield in a long, LONG time. That ball he caught in the right center alley was just a beautiful display of range.
honestly id rather have texas' team than the mariners right now. they likely wont have a single player hit over an 830 ops and likely will only have 1 with over an 800 ops. they have the worst lineup in the AL and their pitching isnt good enough to make up for that. also as amazing as jj putz was last year hes only been a closer for a little less than 2 years. weve seen with cordero(and many others but since he was in texas well use him) that for whatever reason guys can just implode in that role. They were a 75 win team before they traded for bedard and he puts them up to about an 80 win team. The only positions i can think of where i would rather have the mariners regular guy than the rangers regular guy are catcher and right field(which will change when bradley becomes our right fielder and probably the catcher thing will change when salty becomes our catcher). That includes ichiro vs josh hamilton. They are gonna have to win too many games 3-2 and they dont have the pitching outside of the big 2 to do that.

As for the rangers, I think we are going to see MONSTER years from hamilton and blalock. I think young will be young(hell hit about 310 with about 10-15 homers-35 doubles and 100 rbis) and i think kinsler will be 25-25 with about an 825 ops. i think that makes up the difference in our pitching.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote